How serious is the PUBG addiction
PUBG ransomware decrypts files when victim plays PUBG
Blackmail trojans plague computer users with new encryption tricks and infection tactics. But now a malware called "PUBG Ransomware" is going in a very unusual way: The encrypted data is restored as soon as the victim plays the computer game Player Unknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG for short). So it is a joke ransomware.
The PUBG ransomware was discovered by the security researchers of the MalwareHunter team. The Trojan encrypts all files on the desktop with the extension ".PUBG" and displays a blackmail message: "Your files, images, music, documents are Encrypted!". But then the hacker writes that you shouldn't worry - he doesn't want any money. Instead, it offers two options for decryption: Either you play PUBG for 7 hours or you simply enter the restore code "s2acxx56a2sae5fjh5k2gb5s2e" in the field provided for this purpose in the pup-up.
Reading tip: Antivirus test 2018
According to an analysis by the security blog Bleeping Computer, the PUBG ransomware is also not very sophisticated. To check whether the victim is actually playing PUBG, she simply looks for the name of the PUBG start file in the process list. It would therefore be sufficient to run any EXE file with the name "TslGame.exe". The security researchers have not specified how the PUBG ranomware spreads.
Earlier joke ransomware claimed high scores
Bleeping Computer also reports previous cases of joke ransomware. In April 2017, for example, a Trojan called RensenWare made the rounds, in which the victim had to achieve a certain high score in the game TH12 ~ Undefined Fantastic Object in order to decrypt his files. The developer used this joke malware to infect his own computer. True to the motto: "Sorry boss, I can't work today - here is ransomware that says I have to play".
- How long is the average first pregnancy
- Costs Roblox money
- Were there Jews in Hitler's army
- How does air pressure affect migraines?
- Why are they called canines
- Why is India still lacking in development?
- What if Switzerland tried to attack Liechtenstein?
- Did BTS in China
- How can I teach myself industrial design
- What a strange thing you are doing unconsciously
- What does the Telugu proverb mean
- How do I post my profile picture
- What is a covert task
- What is your opinion on Nottingham
- What are your favorite salad toppings
- What problems will interstellar travel have
- Is it pemdas or bodmas
- Companies accept NIOS certificates
- Should I do biology in college
- Do you like doing squats?
- What is the name of the Persian Gulf now
- Can you close someone legally
- Parathas is good at loose movements
- What are the biggest frustrations about religion
- How does physical abuse begin
- What are organizational silos
- Often times, psychedelics induce psychotic states
- What is Bitmoji How is it created
- What is the definition of new customer
- How did the First World War affect art?
- Which country consumes the most oil
- Is epigraphy and palaeography the same thing?
- Are the people of North Carolina friendly