Which industries specifically use the Ansys Workbench
Cadfem: ANSYS Composite PrepPost simulation software
The simulation of composite structures, as it is used, for example, in the development of rotor blades for wind turbines, requires innovative and practice-oriented modeling and evaluation options. This is where the ANSYS Composite PrepPost software comes in, which was developed based on a detailed catalog of requirements from the industry. ANSYS Composite PrepPost will be presented by CADFEM GmbH at Composites Europe 2010.
One of the special challenges in the development of wind turbines is the optimal design of the rotor blades. As with other components of the system, development engineers use the possibilities offered by numerical simulations: Possible designs are examined on the screen for their behavior under various physical influences, which promises significant advantages in terms of time, costs and detailed knowledge compared to real tests with prototypes. As far as the shape of the leaves and their arrangement is concerned, the developers rely primarily on results from flow simulations (CFD, Computational Fluid Dynamics). On the other hand, when it comes to weight optimization, which also involves choosing efficient fiber composite materials, the right answer must be found to various structural mechanics issues.
displayEfficient composite engineering with ANSYS Composite PrepPost Within the ANSYS Workbench simulation environment, which is widely used in many industrial sectors, a module has been available for a few months with ANSYS Composite PrePost (ACP) that specifically addresses the field of fiber composite materials and for developers of rotor blades - but also other lightweight construction products - can be of great use. According to the provider, ANSYS Composite PrepPost allows engineers who deal with classic questions from lightweight construction to efficiently pre- and post-process layered composite structures, thus opening up a new spectrum of simulation options.
For example, by using parametric models in ANSYS Workbench and using the full script capability of ANSYS Composite PrepPost, the modeling effort of composite structures can be significantly reduced.
In the area of post-processing, the software has a large number of current failure criteria for fiber-reinforced plastics in combination with the corresponding evidence for the sandwich core as well as various options for integral and layer-by-layer evaluation. The automatic determination of material quantities and costs also allows a quick economic evaluation of various design and construction variants, it said.
Integrated in ANSYS Workbench 12, the great advantage of an associative CAD coupling is used with ANSYS Composite PrepPost. Design and networking variants could be run through very efficiently, since all composite-specific features can be defined CAD-based and can be automated.
ANSYS Composite PrepPost is scriptable in pre- and post-processing via Python and can therefore be fully automated.
Features of ANSYS Composite PrepPost at a glance:
• Unique functionalities for material definition
• Oriented Element-Set Concept for multiple material application directions
• Efficient modeling of shells and solids
• Draping and processing of individual layers
• Unique opportunities for failure analysis of composites
• Clear presentation of results as a "ply book"
Composites Europe 2010, September 14-16, 2010, Essen, Hall 5, St. C78
- Bookstores disappear where you live
- Which is the best waterproof wireless headphones
- Can anyone demystify airfares
- Is there a free alternative to TeamCore
- Is economic inequality more compatible with democracy
- Chicken is faster than a duck
- Non-copiable paper is a good idea
- Galileo was a devout Christian
- When will the big one hit California
- What is excessive noise from neighbors
- How does memory caching work
- Why do we study legendary polynomials
- Can you write more? It really helps
- What scares you about American politicians?
- What is the most commonly used mobile phone
- What are action chains in python and selenium
- How does Bitcoin make a profit
- How to write an effective dialogue
- What is organic website traffic
- Is GraphQL server or client side
- Law enforcement agencies can access medical records
- Why is Christianity declining in South Korea
- How are the winters in India
- What's your favorite Judy Blume book