Why is supramolecular chemistry important
Supramolecular chemistry deals with the association of molecules in superordinate molecular assemblies, the so-called suprastructures.
Supramolecular assemblies and aggregates - so-called supramolecules - are formed from different parts (usually molecules and ions that are also stable as individual parts) that are held together and structured by weak, non-covalent forces. The resulting superstructures have properties that are different or even different from those of the individual components.
In the formation of supramolecular associations, factors of self-organization or self-assembly as well as aspects of host-guest chemistry play a role.
A well-known example of a supramolecular structure is the double helix of DNA.
Sources of information as well as facilities and further information on supramolecular chemistry are listed below. The list can be expanded using the online form below. Information on the topic in English can be found under the keyword supramolecular chemistry.
General information and basics
Lecture notes and lecture materials
Special partial information
... of organic supramolecular compounds in bulk and in composite materials through structure elucidation with NMR crystallographic methods. Dissertation, (2014). University of Bayreuth
Supramolecular binding motifs
New Supramolecular Binding Motifs - Investigation of Non-Covalent Interactions in a Polar Environment. Dissertation Organic Chemistry, (2010). university Duisburg-Essen
Experiments, experiment instructions
... into supramolecular chemistry. This experimental approach is intended to give high school students an insight into supramolecular chemistry and explain the basic concepts (non-covalent interactions, host-guest chemistry, molecular self-organization). RWTH Aachen
Applications in supramolecular chemistry and catalysis. Dissertation Bioorganic Chemistry, (2012). University of Basel
Macromolecules containing bipyridine
Self-organization and supramolecular structure formation of bipyridine-containing macromolecules. Dissertation, 1999. University of Stuttgart
Supramolecular Chemistry with Cyclodextrins. Dissertation chemistry, 2003. University of Mainz
Supramolecular depsipeptide dendrimers. Dissertation, 2008. University of Erlangen
Supramolecular properties of chiral organometallic glucopyranosidatozirconate complexes. Dissertation Chemistry, (2009). University of Hamburg
Glucopyranosidato zirconate complexes
Supramolecular properties of chiral organometallic glucopyranosidatozirconate complexes. Dissertation Chemistry, 2009. University of Hamburg - Format: PDF
N-heterocyclic carbene ligands
Supramolecular N-heterocyclic carbene ligands: synthesis, characterization and application of transition metal-NHC-calix  arene complexes. Dissertation, 2006. Ulm University
Polymer and liquid crystal systems
Supramolecular structure formation of polymer and liquid crystal systems in nanoscale confinement. Dissertation, 2006. University of Marburg
Macrocycles as building blocks for supramolecular chemistry and as a platform for the synthesis of chiral host molecules. Dissertation, 2001. Bielefeld University
Script: Exotic Organic Compounds. Heidelberg University - Format: PDF
Novel triazole-based aromatic backbones for macromolecular and supramolecular chemistry. Dissertation Chemistry, (2009). HU Berlin - Format: PDF
Supramolecular chemistry with ammonia - structural chemistry of new ammonia-proton complexes. Dissertation, 2005. University of Regensburg
Journals, specialist journals
Journal of Supramolecular Chemistry
Discontinued in 2002. Elsevier
... publishes articles in the areas and sub-disciplines of supramolecular chemistry, from crown ethers to calixarenes, supramolecular model studies, modification and assembly of artificial DNA, inorganic-based systems and so on. Taylor & Francis, UK -
Institutes and research facilities
Professorship for Supramolecular Chemistry. Chemnitz University of Technology
Updated on 25.05.2018.
© 1996 - 2021 Internetchemie ChemLin
- For what reason do biologists classify organisms
- Is Wahabism a sect in Islam
- Most Southeast Asian countries hate China
- What is browser hijacking
- How do I create a messaging app
- Have you ever given trophies
- Who benefited from the dissolution of Yugoslavia
- Worth an IELTS remark
- How do I get started with StumbleUpon
- What is quiet happiness
- What is the business interface of a government
- What are the benefits of entrepreneurship
- Can communism work on a small scale?
- What is pizdets in Russian
- Computers with HDMI connections are becoming obsolete
- How does fatherhood change for the better
- Nancy Pelosi ruined California
- What are the effects of citalopram
- What does Aquafaba foam do
- Everyone is unhappy
- Can Fellaini win a balloon dOr
- How do typical admission contracts work?
- Will Ericsson ever make a comeback?
- How effector proteins produce secondary messenger substances
- Big data needs coding
- What are some great videos about leadership
- Who were the parents of Mahatma Gandhi
- In what year did Germany take Berlin
- What happened to Saruman after he died
- What is Codecademys Monetization Strategy
- What diet and exercise do cricketers follow
- What are some amazing facts about watermelon
- How do psychologists read the minds of others