Know Quora who posted anonymously
Quora attacks anonymous users
Quora attacks users' ability to hide behind a veil of anonymity. The vast majority of actions are no longer available to anonymous users. All other actions will be reviewed prior to publication. The reason? The usual spammers and harassers, of course.
For the uninitiated, Quora is a website where some people ask questions and others answer them. Yeah, it's a bit like Yahoo Answers. Yahoo Answers now has its own standalone app. Yahoo Answers now has its own standalone app. Yahoo Answers now has its own standalone app. This mobile version of the inexplicably popular website lets you ask and answer questions from the comfort of your smartphone. Read More Just.
Quora has always allowed posting anonymously. This proved useful for people “had personal or sensitive experiences, or they sought or shared their knowledge on controversial issues”. However, the company now admits anonymity “not without its flaws”.
These errors are "spam and abuse". Users have hidden behind anonymous accounts to spread spam or be harassed. As a result, Quora is making some changes to how the website's anonymity works.
Right to check for anonymous content
As described in a product updates article (and reported by TechCrunch), as of March 20, 2017, the following changes will be made:
All anonymous content is checked before it is published. Quora is especially on the lookout for spam and harassing other online harassment is your fault; How To Fix Online Harassment Is Your Mistake; How to Fix It What happens to victims of harassment who don't interact well with the press, or do or say unpopular things? Read More
Anonymous users can only submit questions or answers. Anonymous users can no longer “upvote, comment, merge questions, suggest edits, send thanks, edit response wikis, undo edits or send response requests”.
The anonymity will now extend to the internal system of Quora. Previously, Quora linked anonymous actions to the accounts of the responsible users. While this was never publicly known, Quora completely dissociates anonymous content from user accounts.
Ensuring that anonymity is not abused
The anonymization of users is a sensitive issue. It gives more people the security of using sites like Quora, but it can also be used to do harm or wreak havoc. That is why Quora has acted to ensure that the right to anonymity is not abused.
Do you have Quora regularly? Have you ever posted anonymously? If yes why? Do you understand the need to change the way Quora anonymity works? Or do you think Quora is a bit cumbersome in this issue? Please let us know in the comments below!
- Why is Luke Skywalker weak in Canon
- What are Hadoop Distributions
- How can I overcome mental disorders
- How do you sew a gunshot wound?
- Listen to Indian Marilyn Manson
- Has Israel found a cure for cancer?
- How do I unlock my FSA ID
- Is the Miss America pageant over dead?
- Too much innocence is good or bad
- What is the Detroit of India
- What does the sacrament do
- What is the concept of ethical branding
- Is Playboi Carti good
- Really strive for happiness
- What makes the gravity of the black holes stronger?
- How has the internet changed
- Can someone check my answers on math?
- Need facts to back it up
- How do I lock an iPhone?
- How do people plant drugs
- What exactly is Rh negative blood
- Is there black magic in New Zealand?
- Is Hrithik Roshan smart
- We are born committed to society