What are good recipes for almond flour
Baking with almond flour: tips for gluten-free and low-carbohydrate baking
Discover our regional and seasonal recipe ideas.
All topics related to cooking, baking, inviting and enjoying at a glance.
Find out what you should consider for a balanced and conscious diet.
From A for artichoke to Z for pikeperch - find out everything about our great love of food.
How do I bake with almond flour? How does it taste? And are ground almonds the same? We explain how you can best use the cereal flour substitute and to what extent the flour is suitable for gluten-free baking.
Baking with almond flour: this is how it works
Baking with almond flour - you've probably heard this catchphrase before. The term often appears in baking guides, especially in connection with gluten-free recipes or low-carb diets. The light powder is easy to confuse with the commercially available ground almonds that are used, for example, for Christmas cookies. The two products are very different from each other.
Almond flour is made from the residual product that results from pressing unroasted almonds. The oil that emerges is collected, what remains is a "press cake", a heavily de-oiled almond paste. When this is finely ground, you get almond flour.
Ground almonds are, as the name suggests, just finely chopped kernels. They still have their full fat content and much less fiber than the flour made from the pressed almond mass.
Almond flour only tastes slightly like marzipan and is therefore well suited for baking cakes, muffins, pancakes & Co. The aroma is not too intrusive and can be easily combined with other flavors.
Baking with almond flour for your low carb diet
As part of a low-carb diet, baking with almond flour is a great way to save carbohydrates. It contains only a fraction of the carbohydrates found in wheat products. But: Simply pulling out a conventional recipe from mom's baking book and replacing the wheat with almond flour will not work. Since the product does not contain gluten, a dough made from pure almond flour will not stick together and you will get a very crumbly, if not even hard, baked product after baking. However, you can safely replace 10 to 20 percent of the cereal flour specified in the recipe with alternative products, as is the case, for example, with our recipe for muffins with blueberries or our low-carb cake recipe.
When baking with almond flour, you should also make sure to increase the amount of liquid (add a few more spoons of milk or an extra egg). It binds much more strongly than cereal products. Find out more about the different types of flour in our recipes with flour.
Baking with almond flour: suitable for people with gluten intolerance?
Those with celiac disease are actually not allowed to consume a gram of foods containing gluten. As described above, cakes made from pure almond flour don't turn out well. A little research and experimentation are required here: with a mixture of different gluten-free products, as a substitute for wheat or rye flour, you can prepare just as delicious pastries as with conventional ingredients. Our recipe for chocolate tarts provides inspiration: It already contains gluten-free buckwheat flour. Replace the remaining part of wheat flour with alternative products, for example. Discover our baking recipes with buckwheat flour.
When baking without gluten, it is also important that you also bind your dough with certain foods. This can be gluten-free starch made from guaran or potato flour.
For more information and inspiration, also read our article on Clean Baking.
You will get even more delicious baking inspiration every week in our newsletter! Every Wednesday there are delicious recipes and lots of new things from our world of pleasure.
- What are the best apps for Chromebooks
- How do I start earning on Facebook
- Does God Really Exist 33
- How does endogamy affect human genetics?
- Hiring Google bioinformatics staff
- Will a move be required after VC funding
- How does the speed match when downshifting?
- What happens to time in string theory
- How can I prepare for eligibility
- Christian Arabs say Allahu Akbar
- Which country has the most romantic sunset
- How can we change someone's rigid thoughts
- What is a ceramic tile
- Which digital tools do you want
- Did Jesus Christ visit India
- How much load does a helicopter carry?
- What is James Altucher's favorite stock
- Why is Hondas cheaper to insure
- Can fundamentalism have a worldly meaning
- How can I learn Android Basic
- What are some unusual facts about Diwali
- Which children's book has the best morals
- Why do we need Supply Market Intelligence
- Why is Johnny Depp a unique actor
- How much does a PS3
- Who is the lead singer of Poison
- How scary is Scream 4
- Who are the most underrated Indian Quorans
- Were Normans Vikings
- What if Rey came to Palpatine
- How unsanitary is a cell phone
- What's so bad about Theresa May
- Who is the visionary behind Sesame Street?
- Pay insurance companies ransom money for kidnappings