On which river Bhakra dam
|Coordinates||31 ° 24 ′ 39 ″ N, 76 ° 26 ′ 0 ″ O 31.41083333333376.433333333333 Coordinates: 31 ° 24 ′ 39 ″ N, 76 ° 26 ′ 0 ″ E|
|Data on the structure|
|Lock type:||Gravity dam|
|Height above valley floor:||167.64 m|
|Height above foundation level:||225.55 m|
|Height of the structure crown:||518.16 m|
|Building volume:||4,130,000 m³|
|Crown length:||518.16 m|
|Crown width:||9.14 m|
|Base width:||190.5 m|
|Power plant output:||1,361 MW|
|Operator:||Bhakra Beas Management Board|
|Data on the reservoir|
|Altitude (at congestion destination)||512.06 m|
|Water surface||168.35 km²|
|Reservoir length||96.56 km|
|Storage space||6007 million m³|
|Total storage space:||7551 million m³|
|Catchment area||56,980 km²|
|Design flood:||8,372 m³ / s|
The Bhakra dam (or Bhakra Nangal Dam; Bhakra Dam) is a large dam in the district of Bilaspur in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.
Your barrier structure is a 226 m high concrete gravity dam, the highest of its kind in India and one of the highest on earth. The dam is located on the Satluj near the border of the northern Indian states of Punjab and Himachal Pradesh at the point where the Siwaliks break through. It is owned by the government of the Punjab. The 166 km² Gobindsagar reservoir the dam was named after the GuruGobind Singh.
The dam is part of the Bhakra Nangal Project, whose goals are flood protection in the Satluj valley, irrigation and electricity generation. The dam will irrigate 40,000 km² of fields in Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh. There is a power house on both sides of the river. The total installed capacity of the 10 vertical Francis turbines is 1361 MW (left power house: 3 × 108 MW, 2 × 126 MW; right power house: 5 × 157 MW). 13 km below the Bhakra dam there is a smaller auxiliary dam, the Nangal dam.
The construction cost was 2.4 billion rupees. 100,000 tons of steel were used.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.
- Is entrepreneurship overrated in India?
- Who is your favorite fictional billionaire
- How are your sales going?
- How do you negotiate employee benefits
- What is the technology stack behind GroupMe
- What is the future of venture philanthropy
- What is imperialist feminism
- What are some local holidays in china
- Owns Snapchat patents
- A vulture is a decomposer
- How do I stop accepting the results
- What is the relationship between the recombination of links
- What are the logo trends in 2017
- Would meditation help with ADHD
- Is Mark Zuckerberg the new Steve Jobs
- What are some great vacation cocktails
- Where did the welding come from?
- How small can a 3D printer be?
- How are your sales going?
- What made Dubai grow
- South Africa can afford free, high quality education
- When did Alaska become heavily Republican
- What are the main goals of the UN
- Are the little stickers on fruit compostable?