How important and effective is personal branding
In 6 steps to a personal brand - personal branding for SMEs and start-ups
A person brand also works for SMEs and startups
Many freelancers and consultants have been using personal branding for some time to stand out from the crowd as experts in their field. Only those who stand out, i.e. stand out or have a high recognition value, have a lasting chance of winning customers and generating sales.
But can you also use this marketing aspect if you are a startup or an SME? Absolutely! Claus Hipp and his son Stefan are the best example. For decades they have stood for their products with their names and faces.
So if you want to establish a personal brand, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is there a founder / managing director who is willing to put himself in the foreground as a person?
- If not, maybe you will find an employee in the company as a brand ambassador?
- How can you build this person up as an expert?
- Which values does this person represent that fit the corporate values?
- Which colors, places, things do people associate with your company?
- What does this person have in common with the target group?
6 steps to building a person brand
As soon as the right person has been found in the company, things can start. Here are the next steps to define a suitable strategy:
- Define colors / values
Recognition is important - ideally certain colors that the person can wear again and again, that appear in the background, or that are used as background colors and values that also fit the positioning of the company.
- Build up expert status
With the help of articles, books, quotes, lectures, etc. you build up the person slowly and successively as an expert and underline experience and opinion on certain topics.
- To be human
Private life is also an essential part of this. You don't have to show every child's birthday, but interests and hobbies make people more approachable.
- The same everywhere
On all social media channels, including Xing and LinkedIn, the person must convey the same values and be immediately recognizable. Whether in color, with a certain imagery or with recurring graphic elements.
Publish something once - unfortunately that's not enough. Sophisticated long-term planning is the key to success.
- Adjust content seasonally
If you always keep an eye on the calendar, you can use it wonderfully to stay relevant. You should also keep an eye on internal product schedules and important milestones of the company.
"Great, everything implemented, now we're making more sales immediately!" - Unfortunately, it's not that easy.
As with anything, only sustainable marketing is really effective. Personal branding, i.e. building a personal brand, costs time and energy. In the long term, the positive light that the person radiates will only slowly and carefully shine on the brand and ultimately generate more sales. As an employer, you also become more attractive and gradually build up your employer branding. Planning and creativity play a major role in this.
Also, not everyone is suitable for building a personal brand. You should therefore consider carefully whether you really want to show yourself - and if you have several executives, take your time with the selection. Check carefully who you choose to be the "figurehead" and whether that person is comfortable with being in the spotlight.
I work on exactly these questions with my customers, examine the goals and the existing brand. I help SMEs and startups with strategy and development of personal branding. Together with you, we go through all phases of this marketing process, always keeping an eye on brand values and company goals.
Would you like to work with me? Then this way please.
- How is New Caledonia
- What is the standard enthalpy of atomization
- What makes me difficult to concentrate?
- Who's wrong here
- Mobdro can be run on a Windows PC
- New Zealand Where is Whitireia Polytechnic
- How can blockchain be used in marketing
- What are the benefits of guanabana
- How was Mr. Rogers personally
- What is basic knowledge about people
- If the knocking of a tree kills him
- Which books have unique subjects?
- Real analysis is useful in neuroscience
- Who supplies plastic granulate in India
- Does using your brand of photos hurt
- Smell blue spruce
- Are Cheetos Chips
- Is retail arbitrage legal
- Can I change my stream during the closing?
- What are the best documentaries ever made
- How do I control my father's anger
- How long can a collie live
- What is meant by phase velocity
- Which companies use ISO 3100