High blood pressure causes headaches
What you will find on this page
How can you recognize high blood pressure symptoms?
You cannot feel or see high blood pressure - you can only measure it! You can live with it for years and have no symptoms whatsoever.
Often it only develops at the transition to the second half of life. At this point, women are usually still in the menopause. For this reason, when signals occur, people tend to think more about hormonal changes. However, high blood pressure can sometimes be the reason for the symptoms such as sleep disorders, mood swings, concentration problems, headaches, tiredness and declining performance.
Regardless of whether you are a woman or a man, it is important not to overlook the symptoms of high blood pressure in order to prevent serious consequences such as a heart attack or stroke. Regular Measure blood pressure helps.
Which high blood pressure symptoms can occur?
- red face and bloodshot eyes
A slightly reddened face, which is sometimes accompanied by visible red veins, is a possible sign.
- slight headache or throbbing on the temples
Headache sitting in the back of the head, which mainly occurs shortly after waking up, is a typical symptom of high blood pressure. These can be viewed as a result of high blood pressure at night.
- sleep disorders
If the values do not drop during sleep, it can lead to problems falling asleep and staying asleep. If you add sleep apnea, you feel unrested or exhausted the next day.
A common signal is dizziness, which occurs for no apparent reason.
- Shortness of breath during exertion
Nervousness and shortness of breath can also be symptoms of high blood pressure.
Constant bleeding from the nose is also a possible indication.
In some people, the signs and risk factors for high blood pressure in the cold season.
Recognize high blood pressure symptoms
What are high blood pressure symptoms with secondary disease?
Persistent, undetected high blood pressure leads to damage to blood vessels and organs. One then speaks of symptoms of high blood pressure with secondary illness.
- Chest tightness and heart pain in coronary artery disease or atherosclerosis; Blood pressure that is too high is sometimes the cause of cardiac arrhythmias
- Reduced performance and water retention in the case of cardiac insufficiency
- Visual disturbances and failures in the visual field in hypertensive retinopathy
- Pain in the legs with circulatory disorders or peripheral arterial occlusive disease
- In some cases, high blood pressure is only diagnosed after a heart attack, stroke or other serious complication
Danger: The severity, type of symptoms do not indicate how severe the disease is. Even small signs or high blood pressure symptoms can be an indication.
If symptoms of high blood pressure are detected in good time, it is possible to treat secondary diseases at an early stage and to take measures (e.g. medication such as angiotensin inhibitors) that can lower blood pressure by a few mmHg. For all people with high values, it is advisable to measure your blood pressure twice a day. Regular check-ups help to prevent serious consequential damage.
In our post High blood pressure causes learn more about the causes and development. There are many things you can do yourself, such as: B. Reduce excess weight to lower your blood pressure and thus prevent diseases!
Normal blood pressure? Healthy people should also check their blood pressure regularly. A 24-hour long-term measurement can provide a really meaningful result. In this way, white-coat hypertension and masked hypertension (values that are too high, but which are normal when visiting a doctor) can be excluded in patients.
- Why do we use a glossary
- Exports China to India or dumping
- How many people died in The Silmarillion
- How is Costco in Iceland
- Who is mighty Dobby or Winky
- Why can't we reach Europe?
- How do Mexicans feel about Korean tacos?
- Why Donald Trump hates Africans
- What makes you feel real
- Shapewear reduces your belly
- What is 5 miles to meters?
- What's your experience with gourmet indulgence
- You can advertise here
- What are VPN authentication protocols
- What contributes to health
- Am I bisexual, gay or straight?
- Have experience with home exchange
- Why is my stomach so big
- How should a closet look like
- Brain tumor is a primary cancer
- What are the best augmented reality games
- What are the limits of the Yata mirror
- What if Alabama and Mississippi were inland
- Are bitcoin futures the future of bitcoin?