Are killer whales good-natured like dolphins
How often do killer whales attack humans?
The killer whale is the only modern representative of the killer whale class. The fossil remains of a second killer whale, Orcinus citoniensis, were discovered in Italy in 1883.
Don't confuse Orca with Orca. Killer whale is a type of swallow.
Habitat killer whales
The killer whale is a marine mammal in the dolphin family, whale squad, subordinate to the toothed whale. The Latin name of the killer whale is Orcinus orca, which means "devil".
The killer whale orcas once called Pliny the Elder, which means a kind of sea monster.
The British call killer whales - killer whales ("whale killers"). The killer whale received this name in the XVIII. Century due to the wrong translation of the Spanish name - assesina ballenas (killer of the whales).
This name is justified because the killer whales attack not only dolphins, but also whales.
The Russian name "killer whale" is supposedly derived from the word "spit". Tall dorsal fin men really do resemble a braid.
Alone the killer whale cannot cope with such a giant, but after uniting in a herd, as it usually does, they can overcome it. They try not to allow the whale to rise to the surface, and the female, on the contrary, must not sink to the bottom. Male sperm whales are avoided - because they are much stronger and the jaws can cause fatal injury to the killer whale.
When the hunt is successfully completed, orcas consume their eyes, throat, and tongue. 5 to 18 people take part in the hunt, mostly men. For this purpose, several families are united.
Killer whales are the largest carnivorous dolphins and differ from them in a contrasting black and white color. The length of the male is 9-10 m, the weight is about 7.5 tons, the length of the female is 7 m, and the weight is up to 4 tons. Killer whales are predators. The teeth of the killer whales are massive and up to 13 cm long, the dorsal fin of the male reaches a height of 1.5 m, in the females the fin is twice deeper and curved.
Killer whales mostly live in tropical waters. But it happens that they swim in the northern seas. In Russia, they can be seen near the Kuril Ridge and the Commander Islands. For example, the killer whales do not swim in the Black and Azov Seas. They did not appear in the Laptev Sea.
Each killer whale family has its own dialect used exclusively by members of the same family and a language used by all killer whales.
There are killer whales "Resident" and killer whales "Transit". "Resident" killer whales feed mainly on herring: herring, tuna, cod, mollusks and, extremely rarely, marine mammals. They are more "talkative" than "Transit". Usually, the fish is driven into a tight ball and pinched with the blows of the tail.
"Transition killer whales" listen more to the sea and never create pairs with "killer whale homebodies". They are called the infamous "killer whales" that hunt dolphins, mermaids, seals, etc.
For example, if the seals hide from them on an ice floe, the orca swims under the ice floe and tries to blow the seals with blows from below. There are even known cases of attacks on deer and elk.
Killer whale and man
The manuals for submariners and divers said there was no chance of survival when meeting the killer whale. In fact, not a single case is known of the killer whale attacking a man. Although killer whales aren't afraid of humans, they even swim near fishing vessels.
Another thing is killer whales in captivity. It happened that killer whales attacked the trainer, although they quickly got used to humans in captivity. Even to dolphins and seals, which are their potential prey in nature, in captivity, in the same pool, they are good-natured.
Killer whales are easy to train and enjoy performing in front of oceanariums.
- What is the absolute value of +8
- Typescript and ImmutableJS play well together
- Why do bees eat their own honey
- Are you happy when celebrities break up?
- Do you know rosacea skin care
- How did wristwatches gain popularity?
- Kpit Tempo Program
- What are the principles of network topology
- You wanna be a frog
- What are the benefits of aromatherapy 1
- What are pictures
- Are we really born without sin?
- What are examples of coprime numbers
- What is meant by HDMI and USB
- How many books did Issac Asimov write
- Who is the Flat Earth Society
- How do I install Laravel via Composer
- Why do dating apps suck
- What is the common name of bryophyte
- What are the facts about Shiva Purana
- How do you store potentially dangerous food
- How can I become a motivator
- Where does the word picnic come from?
- What is the evolutionary reason for laughter?
- Clapping is a smart way to communicate
- The worst reaction you got after kissing someone
- Can we download the WWE network
- Is Sprint as good as Verizon
- How can I sweep my wife
- How can I activate video calls
- How do animals store carbohydrates?
- How should I promote my redesigned website
- How much can Iron Man lift
- Which is the best web design studio