What are federal agents
How do you become an agent? Career paths with the Federal Intelligence Service
Image source: © endostock for fotolia.com
They are an indispensable part of films and series: Agents. They investigate in secret for the state, hunt down criminals and are exposed to constant danger and constant thrills. An agent's life seems exciting, varied, and dangerous. But how realistic is that? What do agents do? And how do you become an agent? What are career paths with the Federal Intelligence Service?
What is an agent?
Before answering the question “How do you become an agent? “It has to be clarified what exactly an agent is. An agent is one Person who works full-time for an intelligence service. An intelligence service is an organization that uses intelligence means to collect and evaluate information to gain knowledge about the foreign, domestic and security policy situation. In Germany there are three such federal intelligence services, namely the Federal Intelligence Service (BND), the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution (BfV) and the Military Counter-Intelligence Service (MAD).
Intelligence services in Germany - The Federal Intelligence Service
If you ask yourself, “How do you become an agent? “So you have to look at the intelligence services in Germany. In this post lies the Focus on the Federal Intelligence Service (BND).
The Federal Intelligence Service deals with the foreign and security policy situation in Germany. The field of activity is the whole world. The basic task of the BND is according to its own information, its To provide customers with comprehensive and needs-based reliable information at the right time. The BND is the service provider for the Federal government, departments and the armed forces. Information concerns important political, economic and technical developments, military issues and abstract or concrete threats to the security of Germany and its citizens.
The BND supports the federal government in security and foreign policy decisions by providing knowledge about foreign countries. The armed forces is supported by the BND with information on their missions abroad. The Federal Intelligence Service also works in Foreign Office crisis team with, mediates with humanitarian negotiations worldwide and taught Ministries and authorities on specific issues.
To Information acquisition the BND uses various methods. The Use of intelligence resources is a specialty. The interaction of different types of reconnaissance results in a clear and reliable picture of the situation. One method is "HUMINT"what stands for human intelligence. It means that human sources can be used to obtain information. This is an elementary part of the work of the BND, but also the area with the highest risk. The protection of sources and informants has the highest priority. Another method is "SIGINT"what Signals Intelligence means. Be there worldwide data streams used to obtain information. This method is strictly regulated by law. The next method is "IMINT"what Imagery Intelligence means. Information is provided with the help of Satellites and aerial photographs won. One last method is "OSINIT"what stands for Open Source Intelligence. Here are systematic and targeted freely available information procured. This area gains the most information quantitatively.
This acquired, checked, assessed, condensed and processed information is then used reporting used. There are different forms of reports for the different customers and purposes of the information.
How do you become an agent? Career paths with the Federal Intelligence Service
But now we come to the answer to the question “How do you become an agent? ". To do this, you have to look at the career opportunities with the respective intelligence service, which will subsequently happen for the BND.
On the side of the BND it is said that this unique professional challenges at home and abroad offers. Here will differently qualified personnel employed. So there are different professional groups at the BND, which are also employed differently. You can work as an employee, civil servant or soldier in various careers. Possible specialist areas are information gathering, evaluation, technology or administration.
An important point when answering the question “How do you become an agent? “Is the nationality. Working with the BND is only for German citizens possible. In addition, a well-founded professional training, a high level of, is generally required Communication skills, Language skills, Interest in foreign cultures and on foreign and domestic issues and the mobility. You should be aware that deployment in crisis regions is also possible.
In addition, one should bear in mind that an application to the BND is a exact examination is subjected. After a written application becomes a extensive written and oral selection process invited. This is followed by one medical examination and a Security check based on the Security Review Act. That is why the application process takes several months. The application deadlines for the respective training and study opportunities can be found on the BND website.
Furthermore, the activity is with the BND Requirements and restrictions connected. Employees are therefore not allowed to travel to or through countries in which their personal safety is not guaranteed. In addition, the work at the BND should only be known to family and close friends. It should not be disclosed to acquaintances that you work for the BND. In addition, the content of the activity should not be shared, not even with family and friends.
Career training at the BND
The BND offers both training courses and courses of study. Various career trainings are possible.
For one thing, there is Career training in middle service. requirement is at least one here Secondary school leaving certificate with a grade point average of 3.0 or a Secondary school leaving certificate with completed vocational training. You should also enjoy learning foreign languages, be able to work in a team, be mobile and resilient. There are the following possibilities:
- Medium non-technical service (2-year training with theoretical and practical sections; after graduation, areas of activity are often operational intelligence gathering and evaluation or the self-assurance department; after graduation: can be taken on as a government secretary on a probationary basis)
- Intermediate service of telecommunications and electronic reconnaissance of the federal government (2-year training with theoretical and practical sections; after graduation, the field of activity is the technical intelligence department; after graduation: can be taken on as a government secretary on a probationary basis)
There is also the Career training in the upper service. requirement here is this High School, the University entrance qualification or a level of education recognized as equivalent. There are the following possibilities:
- Superior non-technical service (3-year course; further requirements: enjoy learning foreign languages, interest in political and economic contexts, ability to work in a team, resilience, mobility; after graduation, areas of activity are often operational news gathering and evaluation or the self-assurance department; in (FH), can be accepted as a government inspector on a probationary basis)
- High-level non-technical service, focus on administrative informatics (3-year course of study; further requirements: good basic knowledge in dealing with modern information technology and a pronounced interest in its control, social skills, communication skills, mobility, the ability to work independently, the willingness to continue training, mathematical and analytical thinking skills, knowledge of English, expressiveness, General knowledge; field of activity after graduation: administrative information technology; after graduation: Diplom-Verwaltungswirt / in (FH), can be taken on as a government inspector in civil service on a probationary basis)
The last possibility of career training is Career training in the upper service of telecommunications and electronic reconnaissance. requirements is a University of applied sciences / bachelor's degree in communications engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, languages (Translator or interpreter), as well as spoken and written English, interest in political and economic issues, teamwork and communication skills, resilience and mobility. The training lasts 18 months and includes theoretical courses and internships. After graduation, the field of activity lies in the technical reconnaissance department. You can then be accepted into the civil service on probation as government inspectors.
A dual course of study at the BND
In response to the question “How do you become an agent? “In addition to these career training courses, the BND also offers the option of dual studies.
requirements for this areAbitur / advanced technical college entrance qualification or an equivalent educational qualification, good grades in mathematics, physics and English 8-week subject-specific pre-study internship, mathematical and analytical thinking skills, basic knowledge in dealing with modern information technology and a pronounced interest in its development and control, a high degree of willingness to learn, the ability to work independently, determination, initiative and commitment.
The Study course Applied Computer and Communication Technology, or technical informatics and communication technology, lasts 3 years and combines theoretical and practical aspects. The targeted bachelor's degree is the “Bachelor of Engineering Technical Computer Science and Communication Technology”. After graduation, as an electrical engineer, tasks in the fields of telecommunications and communication technology, computer science and data processing are taken on in the technical departments of the BND.
There are several possible answers to the question “How do you become an agent? “In relation to the Federal Intelligence Service. Before applying, you should know that Selection process long and is also accompanied by a security check. It should also be clear that an agent's job is with Conditions and restrictions connected is. There are many career paths at the BND and varied and exciting fields of activity. One can do a career training in the middle and upper service, as well as in the upper service of the telecommunication and electronic reconnaissance. However, there is also the option of a dual course of study at the BND. The career opportunities are therefore diverse. The article on career opportunities at the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution can be found here.
Other articles that might be of interest to you:
About the author J Bohlken
- Can we grow saffron in India?
- What are self and mental body problems
- Why should I study Haskell
- Why do narcissists cling to good people
- What started the most popular gangs
- Which websites get Google Adsense easily
- Are sponges invertebrates
- Can I win a gaming PC?
- Should we allow genetically modified pets
- Psychologists evaluate other psychologists
- Spreads Quora good knowledge
- What are friends in your life
- Why can't we reach Europe?
- What is the definition of spiritual nihilism
- Who is the strongest sword fighter in the anime
- How hot black and white cats are
- Which contribution is higher than IPS
- Everyone is unhappy
- What is internet research
- Are Turkish Turks from Anatolia
- Why do I feel separate from everyone
- How did WhatsApp start marketing
- What are the carrier options when traveling
- SAT is overrated