Powerful women are attracted to powerful men
"Football can do more" - under this title nine prominent women from the German sport have published a catalog of demands to the German Football Association (DFB). It is about a quota for women and more say for women in football. Matthias Steiner comments.
by Matthias Steiner
The old white men in the DFB have to dress warmly. The claim paper by the former HSV official Katja Kraus and her colleagues caused a great stir. The startled association reacted immediately and invited the women to a dialogue - to "stand up for diversity in football together". That sounds like the whistle in the forest. The ranks of powerful men in the DFB are simply afraid of losing influence. The current DFB officials also know that the demands for more women in management positions are completely justified and long overdue.
No equality in 121 years of the DFB
"But lasting changes take time," says the association. That's a ridiculous excuse, because the 121-year-old DFB would have had all the time in the world to create the framework for more equality. Hannelore Ratzeburg from Hamburg is the only woman on the DFB board who has been fighting for her gender for years, but has always been at a losing position so far.
Well chosen time
But now it could be quick. The timing of the publication of the demands is perfectly chosen. Not only since the resignation of the DFB President Fritz Keller, there has been naked chaos in the management floor of the world's largest sports association. And with Katja Kraus, a competent woman has thrown her hat into the ring - of course with the usual formulations such as "I don't really have any ambitions" "and" if you make demands, then it is part of taking responsibility at one point ". I think it would be great if a woman won the question of power at the DFB.
Other networks are not noticed
What annoys me in the long overdue discussion is something completely different. We have had the network of Sports Women Hamburg here with us for a long time. Women from different areas of sport organized a regular exchange - but the public hardly noticed that. Half the nation only reacts immediately when changes are publicly warned in football.
Anyway, the required quota of women of at least 30 percent in the management positions of the associations and clubs makes perfect sense. The next few weeks will be exciting.
This topic in the program:
NDR 90.3 | The Hamburg Commentary | 05/22/2021 | 8:40 a.m.
- Why are some psychologists crazy
- Why are some YouTube subs removed
- Are cucumbers keto 1
- Popes can have atheist friends
- Which breast shape looks best
- What are urinary tract infections home remedies
- Which commercial phones support 3G MIMO 2x2
- Why is Boston Dynamicss robot tyrant
- Can Ayurveda cure diabetes
- Why can't the primary battery be charged?
- Which generators are the best
- What makes a good sketch
- What great books should business lawyers read?
- Weigh balloons a negative weight
- Is Ranveer Singh physiologically absurd
- What are some literary criticism magazines
- Should actually something exist
- What is Salesforce 6
- What is the meaning of basic units
- The first animals were carnivorous
- Why do some Turks hate Erdogan
- What company makes Sabra Hummus
- How is the Samsung Galaxy S9 mobile phone
- Is CPA Australia recognized in the USA