Is Sansa still married to Tyrion
Is Sansa and Tyrion's marriage still legitimate?
Source:Wiki of course, where else would we get our knowledge?
The Wikia page states that a marriage can be annulled if it is not consummated. This can only be done on request and must be done by the High Septon or be approved by a council of faith.
This means that a marriage does not automatically become invalid if it is not consummated.
The TV series
Often on the TV series it is said that Sansa and Tyrion's marriage is illegitimate because it was not consummated. Most of the time this is said by people who want to marry Sansa to someone else or who want to benefit from their lack of marriage.
If If the television series were to follow the rules of marriage in the books, Sansa's marriage to Ramsey would not be legitimate, but her marriage to Tyrion could be.
The information on how an annulment would work could be retained as a plot change when the two characters meet again.
Or the TV series has already given us all the information about marriages, automatically canceling the unfinished wedding if we are supposed to believe what (for example) Littlefinger said.
In this case, Sansa is now a widow.
The Wikia also states that women who are forced to marry hostage (not to be confused with the mere coercion of their parents) can also apply for annulment.
That way, Sansa could still file for annulment because she was forced to marry Tyrion.
- What is a Jio SIM card
- What does automation mean in the IT area
- What is a microbrewery
- Dating is easier for women
- Consolidate pizza delivery restaurant orders
- Should I start watching the news?
- Gay Pride parades are unnecessary
- Why is a subjective term inherent
- Paints Queen Elizabeth
- What does Bill 221
- What does the Telugu proverb mean
- How do flights share the airspace?
- The Android system introduced into cell phones
- Why is Putin so successful
- Is there an economy in Aleppo?
- How much electricity does a normal mill use
- Why do people behave hypocritically
- What the monks sang about in Clarkville
- Why nuclear power is independent of charge
- The Chihuahua is the smallest dog in the world
- How goes your hand
- Can I go to Quora?
- What is the average cost of textbooks
- Why don't you like pop songs