How are macadamia nuts processed
It tastes slightly sweet, buttery and very nutty - the macadamia nut is known as the "queen of nuts". It is the fruit of the macadamia tree that originated in Australia. The Aborigines, the indigenous people of Australia, collected and used these nuts in the rainforests as a source of food. The protein and fat-rich nuts are comparatively expensive because cultivation and processing are complex and because the supply does not always keep pace with the steadily growing demand. Since the end of the 19th century, macadamia nuts have also been grown in Hawaii, where the climatic conditions are ideal. There are also macadamia plantations in other subtropical countries from Kenya to Paraguay.
A tough nut to crack
What makes macadamia nuts so difficult (and expensive) is their particularly hard shell. Immediately after harvesting, the nuts have to be dried and then cracked with machines so that the comparatively soft core can be obtained. Then the nuts are roasted. Macadamia nuts are almost exclusively peeled and vacuum-packed or sold in cans.
Macadamia nuts contain unsaturated fatty acids, which are good for the heart and circulation and, if consumed regularly, can lower cholesterol levels. It also contains protein, fiber and valuable trace elements such as magnesium, phosphorus and calcium. However, 100 grams of nuts contain 700 kilocalories - so they should be consumed in moderation.
Macademia nuts are not only used in food. The oil obtained from them is also used in skin care products.
- Hate Allah when I cry
- Why shouldn't I move to Pennsylvania?
- How goes your hand
- Computer science is becoming a saturated field
- ATMs become less profitable
- Can television improve problem-solving skills
- What is Newton's second law
- Blacklisted Kurukshetra University
- What is a triple concert
- Do big things with big heads
- You can paint linoleum floors
- Are IT service providers suitable for introverts
- What are your favorite Adobe Photoshop tools
- Are emails encrypted
- Who invented the flashlight?
- How do Wicca practitioners feel about homosexuality?
- How do I enjoy life without fear
- How safe is Telegram
- Bitcoin was a bubble
- Most used Java framework
- Is the hen a man?
- What is the Value of Joining Biotechnology
- How much does Teslas cost
- Which stores are similar to Sears