Is PostgreSQL more stable than MySQL
Is DB2 more reliable and stable than PostgreSQL or MySQL?
I've always used MySQL or PostgreSQL for my projects like web / desktop apps. I've had data loss a few times and thanks to the old backup I was always ready to go.
But for a current project for the airport, I have to use something that can never lose its data, at least not the database until it has power in the circuit.
So I think DB2 should be the best for such risk-free missions? Any ideas or suggestions.
Thanks in advance.
All of the platforms you mentioned can be configured with almost no data loss. All can be deployed in a failed configuration.
The choice of platform is part of the puzzle. It will be your implementation of the platform that will determine whether or not your needs will be met.
In reality, high availability and disaster recovery are a trade-off between availability, recovery point target, recovery time target, and cost.
No data loss and no downtime are expensive, complicated to set up and maintain. There is no free lunch.
I just want to add that Postgres-XC has been released since the question was answered. It's basically an open source fork of Postgres that enables Teradata-style clustering that offers both high availability and writer extensibility. I would expect this to be the preferred approach in very high reliability, high throughput environments.
- Why is malloc harmful in embedded systems
- What are good online signal processing courses
- What about Globus Recruitment
- Marshall and TJMaxx get their strategy
- When can additional passport students be admitted?
- Does someone make a profit with Cryptohopper
- How to sync your iPhone manually
- What is the full form of the NFS
- Which are the best makeup schools
- Your penis may fall off of course
- What does the LEED certification process do?
- Why is butyric acid called that
- Are Cersei and Jaime Targaryens
- How Much Does Ecommerce Software Cost
- Where can I learn backflip
- Why are mothers stricter than fathers?
- How did IKEA get its name
- How do I make progress in the classical piano
- Can copy Sasuke chakra levels
- Do you know a lot about ancient Egypt
- Where does the name Angela come from
- Why are there remixes
- Why pixel art
- Conservatives reject the scientific method