What is the treatment for quadriplegia
Paraplegia (paraplegia, tetraplegia)
After an accident with suspected paraplegia, those affected are immediately taken to a clinic. If the diagnosis is confirmed, an operation is carried out, if necessary, to relieve the pinched spinal cord and fix the spine in a good position. The stability of the spine is a prerequisite for rehabilitation. In the case of open spine and spinal cord injuries, must these are closed surgically. So far there is unfortunately no method to repair the nerve fibers of the spinal cord that have been damaged by tearing or crushing.
In any case, a specialist neurological examination (including measurement of nerve and muscle function) is carried out and intensive treatment initiated.
This treatment focuses on stabilizing the patient's body functions, such as circulation, breathing, temperature and relieving pain. Special care is also taken to avoid or treat immediate secondary diseases - including circulatory instability and thrombosis, pneumonia, urinary tract infections, intestinal obstruction, pressure sores and stiff joints.
One goal of care in the acute phase is to minimize tissue damage in order to preserve as many bodily functions as possible so that the highest possible mobility of the trunk, extremities and head can be achieved later (depending on the type of paraplegia). In many cases, psychotherapeutic treatment (e.g. for depression, suicide risk, etc.) or psychological support is necessary.
These acute measures are followed by intensive rehabilitation treatment. This is crucial for regaining functions and is currently the most important therapeutic measure alongside acute care. Rehabilitation treatment, which usually lasts for months or even years, aims to maintain or regain as many functions and independence as possible.
- How many people are altruistic
- What are important database platforms
- What does the reconstruction of your Christian faith mean
- What is broadband in Gurgaon Sector 49
- Why should startups choose B2B
- Is WiFi a type of radio wave
- Why do people laugh at funny things
- Which element has the greatest density?
- Why do stars burn
- What did you drink last night
- Damage magnetic mounts to telephones
- How do you create positive influence
- How do I use SQLite with Flask
- Is math useless
- Diplomacy causes more problems than solutions
- Is the RAV4 a status car
- What makes the zubeen Garg best
- Why are arid areas prone to desertification
- Do you have a Viennese
- BCAA can cause liver damage
- Which dressing goes on salad
- Are whiphorses legal
- Indonesians hate communism and also Vietnam
- What is the best online tender
- Is cat food good for humans
- How does streaming work
- British girls are easy going
- Can an app be trademarked?
- Was Albert Einstein gay
- How is the training period at Wipro
- Why did Real Madrid lose
- How is parking in Stockton, CA
- Fyers One VS Nest Which one is better