How are grammar checkers programmed
You can set Pages to check spelling and automatically correct mistakes as you type. You can also use Pages to check grammar and add terms to the dictionary so they don't get marked as spelling mistakes.
If you want to check the spelling in another language, you must first change the language of the lexicon.
Check spelling and grammar
Do one of the following:
Press the key combination "Command-Semicolon (;)".
Choose Edit> Spelling And Grammar> Spelling And Grammar Checker (a check mark appears next to this option if it's turned on). Then select "Check Document Now" or press the key combination "Command-Semicolon (;)".
The first misspelling is highlighted and grammatical errors are underlined in green.
Control-click a word to see its spelling and grammar suggestions. Then click on the correction you want.
Hold down the "Control" key and click on the word and select "Ignore spelling" if you want to ignore the spelling.
The word is then ignored if it occurs again in the document (but it is highlighted in other documents). If you later want to remove it from the Ignored Words list, open Pages preferences, click Auto Correction, select Ignored Words, then remove the word.
Press "Command-Semicolon" again to get to the next error.
When the spelling is checked automatically, misspelled words are underlined in red and suggestions for corrections are shown in blue under the word. If you don't see any automatic correction suggestions, make sure that AutoCorrect is turned on.
Choose Pages> Preferences (the Pages menu is at the top of the screen).
Click on "Auto Correction" (at the top of the settings window) and activate or deactivate "Automatically correct spelling".
With AutoCorrect turned on, do one of the following:
Accept suggestions: If you only see a suggested correction, just keep typing to have the word corrected. If you see two or more suggestions, select a suggestion.
Ignore suggestions: Press the "esc" key and then continue writing.
Revoke autocorrection: An automatically corrected word is underlined in blue for a brief moment. To go back to the original spelling, place the insertion point after the word to show your original spelling, then select your spelling. You can also Control-click the word to see your spelling, and then select it.
Add and remove words in the spelling dictionary
Add word: Hold down the "ctrl" key and click on the word in your document and then select "Learn spelling" from the context menu. The word is added to the macOS dictionary used by Pages and other apps.
Remove word: Hold down the “ctrl” key and click on the word in your document and then select “Unlearn spelling” from the context menu. The word is removed from the macOS dictionary used by Pages and other apps.
To mark words to be ignored in Pages: Choose Pages> Preferences (the Pages menu is at the top of the screen). Click on "Auto Correction" (at the top of the Settings window), then click the "Ignored Words" button in the "Spelling" section. Click on and enter the word you want to ignore when checking spelling in Pages documents. Click "OK" when you're done.
Note: When you add a word to the spelling dictionary, it is added for all languages.
Use the Spelling and Grammar window
You can open the Spelling And Grammar window to check the spelling and grammar in your document.
Choose Edit> Spelling And Grammar> Show Spelling And Grammar (the Edit menu is at the top of the screen).
If only certain text is to be checked, select the text first.
For more information about finding and replacing text, see Finding and replacing text.
Set up spell checking for multiple languages
You can set up your Mac in System Preferences to automatically check spelling for other languages.
Open System Preferences (in the Apple menu in the top left of the screen).
Click on "Keyboard" and then on "Text" at the top of the window.
Click the Spelling pop-up menu, then choose Configure at the bottom of the menu.
Do any of the following:
Drag the languages in the list into the order you want to check spelling.
Select the check box next to the languages you want to be checked.
When you have a dictionary file you want to use, copy it to the Spelling folder in your Library folder.
Click on "Done".
Click the Spelling pop-up menu again, then choose Automatically by Language.
Close the Keyboard preferences window.
You can also choose a language for the spell check in the Spelling & Grammar window. Choose Edit> Spelling And Grammar> Show Spelling And Grammar. At the bottom of the window, click the pop-up menu, then choose a language.
- Was Jango Fett a fake Mandalorian?
- Why does Fox Sports maintain Joe Buck
- What rattles in a rattlesnake
- What are some python script ideas
- What is a wild dog in australia
- What is the concept of Toastmaster
- What can be considered stalking
- What are asymptotic properties and examples
- How long can a bad cold last
- Why do things what they do
- Where should I learn API tests from
- How are artificial plants made
- Dogs can have personality disorders
- May narcissists get divorced
- How can I avoid getting diabetes
- Is good at Chemical Engineering at SASTRA University
- What is hotel hospitality
- What is meant by duel and second
- Are lipids macromolecules or not
- How do hospitals deal with unpaid bills from patients
- How has religion shaped our daily life
- Who is Friedrich Engels known to have worked with?
- What is a public holiday in England
- Do you have a Viennese
- How can creative visualization help me
- Why do people change after changing their environment
- What can hurt more words or style
- How do I test a transformer
- How many copies has Mein Kampf sold
- Is it wrong to be homophobic?
- Are Phineas and Ferb Christian
- Why is my cat chasing my feet
- Is bi curious only a phase