How do you share a torrent file
How to create your own torrents with uTorrent
Giving is just as important as receiving in the Bit torrent scene. If you have something that you would like to add to your tracker of choice, it can be quite easily when you use uTorrent.
In today's edition of our BitTorrent for Beginners series, we'll show you how to use uTorrent to create and share a torrent. Be sure to read the first part of the series where we explain what BitTorrent is and how it all works.
Research your tracker
Before creating a torrent file, make sure that the files you are sharing match the rules of your tracker. Here are a few important points to keep in mind:
- Be sure to read the documentation on your tracker. Some trackers only allow media licensed by Creative Commons. So make sure you have yours before you publish them. There are other rules or guidelines for media quality (mostly video and music) and for proper labeling. So make sure you adhere to them. Depending on your tracker, torrents that violate these rules may be removed and the user banned. So please take your time.
- Go through the rules again. This is also important because you need the tracker's announcement URL, which is usually listed next to the documentation, FAQs, or on the forum's sticky notes. More on this below.
- Be ready to sow! Most trackers expect you to set at least twice the size of the upload, or 72 hours, whichever is longer. If you can't follow this, wait until you've published your torrent.
- Look in a license when you share your own work. Sharing is a great way to get notoriety. However, do not give away your rights as a media creator. Take a look at Creative Commons Licenses and learn a little so you can share and keep your creations.
BitTorrent is all about the community, take some time to search online or ask some of the tech geeks you know. Our previous article also tells you how to get started downloading torrents.
How to create a torrent
Before you can share a torrent file, you need to make sure that you can see your tracker's "Announce" URL. This is the address your tracker uses to announce torrents and keep track of them. It usually takes the form:
http: //tracker.whateveryourtrackersiteis.com: port # / announce
Aside from the files you are sharing, this is the second most important piece of information so make sure it is correct or your torrent will not work. Once you figure that out, launch uTorrent and click the button that looks like a magic wand or go to File> Create New Torrent.
You will see: Click "Add File" or Add a Directory, depending on what you want to turn into a torrent. As you can see here, I selected a directory of high quality wallpapers that I created.
Important: Make sure to enter your tracker url
We can't emphasize this enough, like most people, forget this and wonder why their electricity isn't working. This is especially important when you are on a private tracker i.e. H. On one that you must be registered for.
You may want to select some of the options in the Other section:
- Start sowing: Select the "Start Seeding" option if you want to publish the torrent immediately after it is created. However, you can start seeding manually later if you don't upload your torrent file right away.
- Maintain file order: Select the Keep the file order option if you have a folder structure that you want to select the torrenters from.
- Private electricity: Uncheck the Private Torrent box when uploading it to a public tracker. More on this in a future lesson.
When you're done, click "Create and Save As" to save your torrent file. That's it!
Upload your torrent file
Now you can upload that torrent to your tracker, usually with a new forum or blog post with details about your content. Note that if you move your source files or close uTorrent, no seeds will be created. Therefore, do not perform any of these procedures until you have met your initial seeding needs. If in doubt, check the "Rules" sections of your tracker. Remember, sharing is important!
- Are you playing Path of Exile
- Weather conditions around the world are really changing
- Did Jeffrey Dahmer have any siblings
- What are the 4 main macroeconomic objectives
- How can Subaru call it PZEV
- How do you export your Instagram metrics
- Hallux valgus is a skeletal deformity
- What is RCRA Hazardous Waste
- Who are Mahmoud Abba's closest Arab allies?
- Why do antidepressants cause brain zaps
- The WWE becomes too inappropriate
- Which animals have the strangest life cycles
- What is the basal metabolic rate
- Is social security a scam
- Which optometry courses are available online
- What makes wrong wrong
- Are there unsafe areas in Montevideo Uruguay
- Reunions for the Divine Union have started
- Why do I feel separate from everyone
- Who likes women's feet
- How do I get a CVV number
- Interacts vitamin D with vitamin B12
- What are atomic concept symbols
- How do you define a parameter
- How do molecules hold together?
- What's right with French society
- What is meant by political joke
- Manna is a Muslim name
- Is frizzy hair healthy?
- Why are weddings too expensive
- Can past life regression solve our problems
- Which cloud computing platform should I learn
- Scare sociopath therapists
- What if ideas are life forms