A steel overpass is strong
A 8 Refurbishment and partially new construction of the flyover
between Hohenstadt and Mühlhausen
In the area of the separate carriageways of the A 8 between Mühlhausen im Täle and Hohenstadt am Albaufstieg, the district road 1431 crosses the motorway twice. The directional carriageway (Rifa) Ulm is crossed over the Lämmerbuckeltunnel. The Rifa Stuttgart by means of an overpass structure built in 1936/37.
After 75 years, this bridge was in dire need of renovation. The steel in the superstructure was corroded considerably and the concrete damage was extensive. Already in the night from Saturday, July 10, 2010, from 11 p.m. to Sunday, July 11, 2010, at 6 a.m., the A 8 federal motorway was only accessible in one lane. In addition, the traffic was stopped four times for about 15 minutes. In the course of these measures, loose concrete parts were removed and the first corrosion protection measures were carried out on the exposed reinforcement.
From 13 to 15 Dec. 2010, 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., the traffic had to be narrowed to a lane to 300 m in order to protect against falling concrete parts. The bridge's longitudinal girders were clad with galvanized wire mesh.
These measures protected road users, but extensive renovation of the structure was inevitable. From August 15, 2011, the K 1431 in the area of the bridge between Hohenstadt and Wiesensteig was completely closed. The traffic was diverted.
The first dismantling work began immediately. The lanes on the motorway were narrowed and the maximum speed limit was reduced from 80 to 60 km / h. From August 20, at 6 p.m. to August 21, at 11 a.m., the A 8 in the direction of Stuttgart between the Merklingen and Mühlhausen im Täle junctions was completely closed for the demolition of the superstructure.
The abutments with their wing walls could, however, be extensively renovated and the new superstructure built on them. Therefore, the A 8 had to be completely closed from Saturday, October 1st, 2011, 6:00 p.m. to Sunday, October 2nd, 2011, 11:00 a.m.
Three girders were placed on the prepared substructures. The new superstructure was constructed with pre-stressed concrete parts and a concrete slab. The new concrete structures were concreted in a force-fit manner.
The A 8 had to be closed again for the dismantling of the scaffolding. This date was set for November 19, 2011.
All full closures were also used for other repair work. For example, paving work was carried out at the Merklingen and Mühlhausen junction in the direction of Stuttgart, marking work, wood cutting, guardrail repairs, sealing work and other activities were carried out.
- What is your rating of guitars
- Can hunters endure a life without hunting?
- How will you describe your friend
- What a strange thing you are doing unconsciously
- What factors determine the vapor pressure
- Which airlines allow unaccompanied minors?
- How much do fireworks cost in NYC
- Why are INFJs so contradicting
- A vulture is a decomposer
- How can I download CyanogenMod
- Can I study law online?
- Is gambling a problem in Japan?
- How do people escape homelessness
- What makes you frustrated
- What causes the lower abdomen to inflate
- How can you create a data strategy
- What is George W. Bush famous for
- What is synchronicity in biology
- Where is uranium mined in Bangladesh
- How do you get moral authority?
- What is gravity?
- How does TeamViewer recognize commercial use
- Is BBA useful to become successful
- How is a good sound