Beams and panels are cast together
What does the renovation of a terrace cost?
Performance: costs at a glance
|Insulation material and cover||250 - 750 €|
|Liquid plastic||1.000 - 1.800 €|
|Total material||1.250 - 2.550 €|
|General preparations||200 - 300 €|
|Thermal decoupling||500 - 1.050 €|
|To seal||300 - 500 €|
|Sum of craftsmen||1.000 - 1.850 €|
Example calculation: The renovation of a terrace of 20 m² is planned. It comes up against the house for a length of five meters.
Although this causes some costs, it helps to maintain the value of the house.
The costs in detail
A comprehensive renovation not only seals the floor, but also thermally separates the terrace from the house if it is a so-called cantilevered concrete slab.
Material costs - this is to be expected for sealant and insulation
In older houses, the floor slab of the house was simply extended to include the area of the terrace and poured together. This error can only be eliminated by having a specialist company cut off an approximately 50 centimeter wide strip that connects to the house and fill it with insulating material. This is covered with stable material. This costs around 50 to 150 euros per meter.
In the next move the floor has to be resealed. Liquid plastic costs 60 to 90 euros per square meter. This is also a decorative covering.
These costs are to be expected for the craftsman
The companies use heavy equipment to pry open the soil. The subsequent insulation and the wall connection are manual work. A total of two to three hours of work can be expected. The costs for this amount to 50 to 70 euros.
Two coats of plastic cost between 15 and 25 euros per square meter.
Things to note when renovating a terrace
Good advice and planning when renovating a terrace is important. It does not make sense to cover up damage on the surface, nor to laboriously overhaul the terrace without knowing the exact structure of the building
Record damage with the help of a specialist
Even a specialist can often not say whether thermal decoupling is necessary without precise measurements. An energy advisor takes pictures with a thermal imaging camera. These show whether the floor is drawing heat from the room.
Sealing alone is useless if the steel in the concrete rusts or if wooden beams are already rotten. In such cases, more material has to be removed and rebuilt. Sometimes the gradient is not right, a leveling layer can help so that water runs off in the future and does not build up.
Funding is possible
Since thermal decoupling is part of energetic renovation, building owners should check whether they are entitled to subsidies. As part of an age-appropriate renovation, funds for an extension of the terrace are also possible.
Personal contributions help you save
Isolation and sealing is the job of the specialist company. But even inexperienced do-it-yourselfers can do some preliminary work. These include: Removing loosely laid floor coverings and cleaning the floor. Those who are used to working with tools can also knock off a tile covering and dismantle the railing.
Terrace renovation checklist
Scope of the terrace renovation:
- Check whether thermal decoupling is necessary.
- Record all visible damage (cracks, holes, rust, bulging bottom).
- Decide whether to decouple.
- Decide on a topping.
Prepare the renovation:
- Write out the work with precise details of the target and the desired actual status.
- Select company.
- Make an appointment for a site visit.
- Ask for a detailed estimate.
- Provide financing and subsidies.
- Place Order.
Renew the terrace:
- Make an appointment.
- Carry out preliminary work as agreed.
- Ensure unhindered access for the craftsmen.
- Should I leave my business partner
- Is a sentence an idea
- A gift is mandatory
- Are wider jeans in style
- What are the different names of Ganesha
- Math needs a makeover
- What makes EtherZero better than Ethereum
- Indonesians hate communism and also Vietnam
- Kibana comes under data mining
- What is your opinion on the ITIL basics
- Are you my father 3
- How is SAP ABAP
- How many neutron stars are there
- How to know about ancient Indian history
- Protein can cause constipation
- Does someone make a profit with Cryptohopper
- Is Canada good for technology
- Is it okay to feed plants with alcohol?
- How is ice homogenized?
- What does Wayne Enterprises do
- What are the best attractions in Ibiza
- How was data stored on floppy disks
- What is the origin of quantum existence
- What if angels could be demons?