What do you think of VLCC
Frontline FRO 885094
Hello Bellavista, sorry delay. Since I sold a little too early (whatever that means) thanks to go away feng shui, here are my five cents why I would sell now - only to get back cheaper (yes, yes, you're right, merci for the silent remarks ... is of course only human to interpret the facts in such a way that you weren't completely wrong ...)
NB: This is not a recommendation - especially not if you have practically free FRO shares in the PF. That means the divis have already paid the cost price, 100% ROI. That’s not everywhere, not every day.
The facts: VLCC Tankermarket, recent news - also from Friday the 13th ...
Arabian Gulf - Japan. For this typical trip, the indicative VLCC freight rate has dropped to 25K $ / day. That is 44K $ / day below the previous year. The 2007 freight rate average is 39K $ / day. It hasn't been that deep since 2002.
FRO published in February 07 that their break-even VLCC rate is around 30K $ / day. Of course, you have to consider other factors (sales mix of spot, time, voyage charter, time utilization, financing costs, write-offs, short sales) but, as a rule of thumb, FRO has not made a lot of money this year and at the moment they are under water.
There is still the possibility for a surprise up-tick in the second half of the year like in 2005. Fundamentals are not looking good, despite the widespread view of equating the tanker market with the oil price development (price = demand = volume). This is not always the case. You can see in the charts http://tinyurl.com/3cftur that the oil $ / bbl price and freight rates can sometimes diverge sharply.
Outlook, general: Latest VLCCs need around 60K $ / day to cover finance and fixed costs, compared to 33K $ / day for new builds in 2003.
More info here: http://tinyurl.com/34mu7o
- Why is RPA a complete success today
- How do I get started with StumbleUpon
- We can meet your guru if possible
- What are social gatherings
- What are some methods of psychoanalysis
- How did Munich come to Germany?
- What are the positive consequences of deviations
- Prefer beer or cider
- What are the challenges facing the WTO
- Do you like doing squats?
- A blood test may reveal contraceptive medicine
- Big data needs coding
- Work lawyers who require letters
- How is chemistry used in biochemistry
- Why is dioxygen paramagnetic
- How do I post my profile picture
- What are some good vegetables for grilling
- Which characteristics define the population density?
- How painful was Ramsay Bolton's death
- What does Hillary Clinton think of immigrants
- Is it worth it to be voted for the AAP
- How is Arijit Singh doing as a singer
- Can energy be converted to mass 1
- Which country has no day
- What are the political views of Nate Silvers
- Has anyone read the midrash?
- What's your favorite blog about philanthropy
- Indian startups are following the lean startup method
- What is the OMR sheet
- What is unique or special about Morocco
- Who never skips a leg of the day
- What's the story behind sensibleerection com
- How authentic is democracy in Mexico