How do you report a false identity
Identity Theft: Consequences of Data Stolen Online and Tips
Your data has been fished and your identity has been misused by third parties. The intuitive reactions to this scenario are usually resignation, despair, or perplexity. Here is some advice you can take to prevent further harm:
Change your passwords
If the fraudsters have acquired your email address and the associated password, you should change all login data as soon as possible. This is how you prevent the fraudsters from accessing your online accounts again. Choose different passwords for the individual services. You should also be careful to use strong passwords; H. combine lower and upper case letters with numbers and special characters to form the longest possible sequence.
Block bank cards and accounts
If you know or suspect that strangers have gained access to your bank details, inform your bank and have cards and accounts blocked. Otherwise, you give the scammers free rein to create new accounts on your behalf or to empty your account.
Delete externally created posts
Remove content that third parties have posted on your behalf on social media and other platforms. Change your password beforehand so that the scammers cannot spread false articles again. Inform your virtual friends and followers about your "bad doppelganger" and warn them against interacting with the foreign content.
Report fraud attempts and cases
If you have fallen victim to a false Amazon e-mail, inform the online mail order company about the phishing attempt and, if necessary, have your account blocked. If you have exposed an email from your bank as phishing, report the scam and protect other customers from it. Finally, contact the police and report them there.
Secure yourself for the future
With an insurance you can travel online with a good feeling. The INTER CyberGuard provides you with comprehensive all-round protection, because it combines financial protection in the event of a claim with competent expert advice.
If you have not yet been a victim of identity theft and would like to continue to do so, our 10 tips for protection against phishing will help you.
This is how the INTER CyberGuard protects you from phishing:
- How can I enter the SSN number
- What Ford engines are made in Bridgend
- Why is a subjective term inherent
- How can a thin athlete gain weight
- What is a baby butterfly
- Have experience with home exchange
- What would the names of the children from BTS Taehyungs be?
- What is the highest warp speed
- Why is astronomy so underestimated in Malaysia
- What are the best LinkedIn books
- Uses Roblox C.
- How do industrial design and architecture differ?
- Can conflict resolution resolve violence in the workplace
- Cancer can increase blood pressure
- Why do so many children give up sport?
- What was life like under Ronald Reagan
- What file partitioning algorithm does HDFS use
- How difficult is it to learn the cello
- What changes breathing
- Negativity is always a bad thing
- Why can't the primary battery be charged?
- Why is a good credit rating important
- Who are some modern Russian heroines
- Which skills are required for SAPUI5