Why is PCOS so common in vegetarians
Soy isoflavones improve the metabolism in polycystic ovarian syndrome | General
The intake of 50 mg daily Isoflavones made from soy can significantly improve the metabolism of women with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). PCOS is characterized by increased androgen levels and the resulting infertility. Hyperinsulinemia can stimulate androgen production. In a randomized and placebo-controlled intervention study, scientists investigated the influence of daily isoflavone intake for 12 weeks on the metabolism of 18-40-year-old women with PCOS.
Compared to the placebo group, there was a significant improvement in insulin metabolism in numerous parameters. In addition to a decrease in the serum insulin level (P <0.001), there was also an improvement in the HOMA-IR (P <0.001) and the quantitative insulin sensitivity check index (P = 0.01). There was also a decrease in the free androgen index (P <0.001). Further successes were seen in improving the antioxidant status through an increase in the plasma glutathione level (P = 0.04) and a decrease in the plasma malondialdehyde concentration (P = 0.001).
Soy isoflavones can make an important nutritional contribution to the treatment of PCOS after just 12 weeks.
Jamilian M, Asemi Z.
The Effects of Soy Isoflavones on Metabolic Status of Patients With Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016 September; 101 (9): 3386-94
- What is the capacity of a ship
- What are the most remote hikes
- Why do some Turks hate Erdogan
- What is the least known profitable industry
- What a leader Barak Obama was
- Why are there two-seat fighter jets
- What a lot of restaurants in Hong Kong
- Has whey protein concentrate MSG
- When was the first ship built?
- What is the best WordPress theme design
- What were homo erectuss language skills
- What are bluetooth profiles
- What is a SaaS financial model
- More GHz means better performance
- Why would you hurt
- What screams trust in a man
- University professors care about their students
- How can I promote my lip balms
- What is Bing's IP address
- What is the League of Legends
- Who is the Least Earning Billionaire?
- What kind of jobs are contract based
- Where can we find driverless cars
- What is Apple's best product so far