What is the best book for learning Unix
What's the Best Book for Learning Linux Systems Programming? [closed]
A database of the best books for learning Linux can be found here: http://www.tldp.org/guides.html
I'm reading now Introduction to Linux - A Practical Guide by Machtelt Garrels
And I like it, the way it is written makes it easy to understand.
I agree with the Stevens recommendation. The only real alternative is Advanced UNIX Programming by MJ Rochkind: http://basepath.com/aup/
ORA's POSIX programming manual (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780937175736) can be useful, but I haven't read it myself.
I would recommend Bruce Molay's Understanding Unix / Linux Programming (http://wps.prenhall.com/esm_molay_UNIXProg_1/). I had him as an instructor at Harvard and he was fantastic.
You can name in the book Linux system programming read in google books. It's a really good book to recommend.
- Will Trump finally replace Obamacare
- What are Common Symptoms of DiGeorge Syndrome
- Can anyone demystify airfares
- What are the benefits of entrepreneurship
- Is the Voynich manuscript actually pictures
- How can I accept that I'm weird
- Why was Cyprus so important historically
- Is German seen as a real agglutinative language
- What are the products of simple decomposition
- How can PWC help companies
- What is jQuery ajaxTransport in jQuery
- How does chronic stress kill motivation
- Why You Shouldn't Buy Cell Phones Online
- Are salmon burgers healthy
- Are the Palestinian-Arab forces well trained?
- How does a sin play
- What is Attack on Titan Manga about
- Is Facebook a trustworthy site
- How can a neurosurgeon become an astronaut
- Where is uranium mined in Bangladesh
- How do I estimate 1 + 1
- Why doesn't Facebook follow ROBOTS TXT
- How do cats eat 1
- Well worth buying Skyrim VR
- What does that mean in Bash 3
- How is a mode shape calculated
- Why do people love artificial intelligence
- How can emotions influence investment decisions
- What made Luis Von Ahn start Duolingo
- What are the benefits of miter joints
- What's your favorite pulp song
- What is soap in IOT